How to... use sick time (must have exceeded 90 days of employment)
Note: Substitutes may accrue a maximum of three days per school year.
- Check your paystub on the SFUSD intranet to make sure you have accrued sick time. It will be on the bottom, left side.
2. Complete the sick leave form and scan and email it to Substitutes@sfusd.edu or fax it to (415) 241-6418
- Requested day(s) for sick leave should be within the pay period the form is being submitted
- If dates are consecutive, it may be submitted on one form
3. Once approved by the Substitute Office it will be forwarded to Payroll for the completion of processing
* Note: Retired teachers who have returned as substitutes are not eligible to claim sick leave under California law AB 1522